FOOD FOR THOTH
FOOD FOR THOTH
The Great Technological Convergence
We at Thoth understand that our world is in transition and that concepts and emergent technologies all products of thought are instrumental in this period of rapid change and transition. We infer that information is key to our world’s evolution and with a keen awareness are actively assimilating it by connecting the emerging dots and providing thoughtful solutions. Our motto at Thoth is that “Mind is the fabric in which awareness is woven” and Thoth Solutions like quanta (light particles) with the focus of a laser and key partnerships will help our customers illuminate this precious jewel of a world.
What are the emerging dots? I will name six transformative technologies and one emerging concept that will inform our future and help change the present through convergence and mindfulness.
The first technology is Quantum Computers followed by Quantum Programming, working on Big Data, facilitated by Artificial Intelligence (AI), powered by Solar Energy Technologies and captured and redistributed via Super Capacitors will lead us toward transformation. And all this is informed by a relatively new “Theory Of Everything (TOE)” called Emergence Theory. It suggests consciousness is the foundation of our reality and that principally space-time, energy and matter are its’ probable emergent outcomes. This concept is gaining ground but countered by more prevalent TOE’s suggesting a mindlessness to all the wonders of existence. The former adds flavor if anything to the human mental palate and as-well-as some color to our conscious minds. Without an observer or consciousness there is no taste or color in the universe.
The definitions of the above are:
- Quantum Computer – A quantum computer is a device that performs quantum computing. Such a computer is completely different from binary digital electronic computers based on transistors and capacitors. Quantum computers use tiny circuits to perform calculations, a bit like normal computers. But they also use two mind-bending quantum phenomena called superposition and entanglement. … By contrast, quantum computers use quantum bits, or qubits. At 100 qubits a single quantum computer processor would, theoretically, be more powerful than all the supercomputers on the planet combined…
- Quantum Programming – is the process of assembling sequences of instructions, called quantum programs, that are capable of running on a quantum computer. Quantum programming languages help express quantum algorithms using high-level constructs.
- Big Data – refers to data sets that are too large or complex for traditional data–processing application software to adequately deal with. And the use of predictive analytics, user behavior analytics, or certain other advanced data analytics methods that extract value from data. “There is little doubt that the quantities of data now available are indeed large, but that’s not the most relevant characteristic of this new data ecosystem.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) – is an area of computer science that emphasizes the creation of intelligent machines that work and react like humans. Some of the activities computers with artificial intelligence are designed for include: Speech recognition, and Learning.
- Solar Energy Technologies – There are three primary technologies by which solar energy is harnessed: photovoltaics (PV), which directly convert light to electricity; concentrating solar power (CSP), which uses heat from the sun (thermal energy) to drive utility-scale, electric turbines; and solar heating and cooling (SHC) systems, which collect thermal energy to provide hot water and air heating or conditioning.
- Super Capacitors – Supercapacitors are electronic devices which are used to store extremely large amounts of electrical charge. They are also known as double-layer capacitors or ultracapacitors. Instead of using a conventional dielectric, supercapacitors use two mechanisms to store electrical energy: double-layer capacitance and pseudo capacitance. Double layer capacitance is electrostatic in origin, while pseudo capacitance is electrochemical, which means that supercapacitors combine the workings of normal capacitors with the workings of an ordinary battery.
- Emergence Theory – intricately, yet simply – weaves together quantum mechanics, general and special relativity, the standard model and other mainstream physics theories into a complete, fundamental picture of a discretized, self-actualizing universe and that all of reality is made of information. Information is meaning conveyed by symbols. Languages and codes are groups of such symbols that convey meaning. The various possible arrangements of these symbols are governed by rules. The language user makes free-will choices regarding how to arrange the symbols, in order to produce meaning, according to these rules. Fundamentally, then, the existence of information must therefore imply a “chooser,” or some form of consciousness, for it to be actualized.
Unlike the single icon “Thoth” of ancient Egyptian lore, we at Thoth Solutions are a collective, an enterprise of technologists, managers, entrepreneurs and dreamers, working to make our and your understanding more real by using what theories and facts that scientists and experts collectively inform us with as building blocks for a more sustainable world.
Like Thoth of lore we are just as magical and promote science, wisdom writing and learning for ourselves, our customers and in support of our expertise. We encourage all that read this blog, potential customer, employee or curious person, to join us in our journey and visit our website at ‘www.thoughtsolutions.com”as we work in concert with people and principles that have enlivened us all while making life worth living.
By: James R Johnson